資訊工程學系(Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering)
Course Title (English)
Introduction to Information Science
Number of Credits
This course is designed to be a first- semester introductory course in computing. It is appropriate for ALL students, even if you have no background in computer science or programming. Our goal is to provide a broad and inspiring overview of some of the most important concepts in computer science.
In this course, students will develop computational thinking skills vital for success across all disciplines. By the end of this course, students will be ready to incorporate computational thinking into their future fields of study.
1. Understanding computers
2. Understanding the internet
3. Understanding programming
4. Understanding algorithms
5. Understanding data analysis
1. Khan Academy, AP Computer Science Principles
2. Behrouz Forouzan and Firouz Mosharraf, Foundations of Computer Science, 4th edition. Cengage Learning, 2008.